Exercising and keeping the body fit is important to live a healthy life. In the recent years, the awareness for a healthy life has developed within people. Everyone likes to hit the gym and stay fit.
Obesity is the common cause of ruining health. Being obese is a curse and therefore it’s good if you exercise. If you follow up, the most popular exercise that people do is cardio workout. Doing some cardio on the cardio machines will significantly cut down the extra fat and help you attain a perfect body for your good health.
But these cardio machines are so costly that they might cost you a fortune. To attract customers and the gym owners, the manufacturers are including so many things in the machine. The Ipod docks, pulse monitor, television, cooling fan, heart monitor, virtual running traits- and everything that could be included in a standard cardio machine. It feels like as if you are looking for a Lexus, not for a cardio machine.
I went to buy a treadmill for my home gym and I was bewildered by the different kinds of facilities they offer in a treadmill. From my experience, I suggest everyone not to be mesmerized with the shines and glitters, rather one should choose the product that suits to his/her requirements.
It’s not just about the machine you buy. It’s also about the maintenance. So buy carefully.
Keeping the machines clean
Machines require a regular maintenance and cleaning. If you are careless about your cardio equipment, they will get damaged. Here I am going to discuss how to maintain our cardio machines and how to keep them clean.
If you really want to burn out your extra calories and make your heart stronger, then treadmills are the best options for you. But treadmills require proper maintenance regularly. As you constantly run on the belt, it may wear out, get loosen and damage. Then how should you maintain them? Let’s find out:
- You need to unplug the treadmill some time before the maintenance procedure starts.
- You should start with cleaning the conveyor belt, handrails, display and the side rails with the microfiber cloth, damped in warm water and soap. The household cleaners are not suitable to use on the treadmills because the chemicals may damage the machine. As gym wipes are also chemical free, therefore you can use them to clean the treadmill.
- Use Vacuum cleaner to suck out the dirt from the treadmill, belt and below the belt and on the floor.
- Get a screwdriver to tighten the screws so that while you exercise no mishaps occur.
For those who like low impact workout, this elliptical machine is a good option. This doesn’t strain you to the limit, therefore it’s maintenance is also easier than other cardio equipment.
- You must always unplug before you start cleaning up and maintenance.
- If there are batteries in your machine, you need to check and replace them at regular intervals.
- You must vacuum in and around the machine.
A lot of body strength is required while you workout on a rowing machine. While you clean it:
- Unplug the machine before cleaning.
- Clean the rower with soap and warm water; do not use home disinfectants.
- Use vacuum all around and under the rower.
- Also check the screws so that you do not face any problem while exercising.
Why to spend so much everytime when you can maintain? Keep your cardio machine clean and maintained to workout on it at a daily basis.
Do you have any other suggestion regarding the maintenance of cardio equipment? Please feel free to share your opinion with us!